Home Page for Yuji Matsumoto
- Professor of Computational Linguistics
- Graduate School of Information Science,
- Nara Institute of Science and Technology.
- 8916-5, Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
- Phone: +81-743-72-5240
- Fax: +81-743-72-5249
- Email: matsu--at--is.naist.jp
- B.E. (Information Science) from Kyoto University in 1977.
- M.E. (Information Science) from Kyoto University in 1979.
- Ph.D. (Information Science) from Kyoto University in 1990.
- 1979 to 1988
Researcher at Electrotechnical Laboratory, Machine Inference Section.
- 1984 to 1985:
Academic Visitor at Imperial College of Science and Technology,
University of London.
- 1985 to 1987:
Deputy Chief of the First Section at the Institute of New Generation
- 1988 to 1989:
Associate Professor at Data Processing Center, Kyoto University.
- 1989 to 1993:
Associate Professor at Department of Electrical Engineering, Kyoto University.
- 1993 to date:
Professor at Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of
Science and Technology
- Takahashi Incentive Award, 1988
- Motooka Commemorative Award, 1989
- ASTEM Software Award of Cultural Contribution, 1994
- Best Paper Award from Information Processing Society of Japan, 1997
- Best Author Award from Information Processing Society of Japan, 2000
- Best presentation award from the Association for Natural Language Processing (2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008)
- Best Paper Award from the Japanese Society of Artificial Intelligence, 2005
- Fellow of the Information Processing Society of Japan, March 2006
- Best paper award from DEWS-2006.
- COLING/ACL-2006 Best Asian NLP Paper Award, 2006.
- Japan OSS (Open Source Software) Contributor's Award, Information-Processing Promoting Agency, Japan, 2007.
- JSAI Achievement Award, The Japanese Society of Artificial Intelligence, 2008.
Natural Language Understanding, Knowledge Representation,
Linguistic Knowledge Acquisition, Machine Learning
Yuji Matsumoto (matsu--at--is.naist.jp)