Courses & Technical Notes:
Machine Learning & Optimization
- Deep Learning: Short Course (2014); Deep Learning from the NLP Perspective
- Multiobjective optimization: a survey.
- Brief notes on: MCMC, Bundle methods
- Statistical Learning Course at the University of Washington, co-taugh with Prof. Mari Ostendorf (2008)
- Data Mining: frequent itemset, sequence mining, graph mining
Machine Translation & Natural Language Processing
- "Building a Phrase-based Machine Translation System" tutorial (co-taught with Graham Neubig). Slides are in bitext format! [English], [Japanese]
- NTT CS Lab Open House Talk on "Supporting Communication in Global Networks: Machine Translation and Social Media Mining" (with Albert Au Yeung). [slides (pdf)] [audio archive] (The audio requires Windows Media Player. The talk in English starts at around 2 minutes into the recording and lasts for 30 minutes.)
- Factored Language Models: Intro slides, Tech Report tutorial.
- Linguistics: Generative Lexicon, Languages of the World